Monday, February 15, 2010

I've 're-discovered' a goldmine - AND - It pays to make your kids wear your creations!!

When in town last Saturday, I dragged the kids to the local patchwork shop "Miss Sampson's Drapery"...WOW...I haven't been in there for ages, trying to be good!! She has so much fabric in there, all the designer names, including Michael Miller, Saffron Craig and more. They have the biggest range of 'John Deere' prints I have ever seen - craft cotton, flannelette and polarfleece and in PINK too. She said they had just got that lot in direct from the US.
Anyway, I will be going there now before I look on the net for my craft cottons and if she doesn't have what I'm after, I'll be suprised.

AND... while I was there, I got talking to her about the kids hats I make, Al & Harry were wearing theirs, she was very interested and wants me to make some for her to sell! I bought a couple of gorgeous Michael Miller prints to make up and said I'd bring them in next week to show her. Then we decided the pink John Deere fabric would make up nicely so she gave me a piece to make up for her.
I'll post a pic when I've finished it.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the pink JD fabric - does she have an online store - My brother inlaw would lve me forever I made that up for his little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sorry, I have been neglecting my blog recently.
    No unfortunately she doesn't have a website...yet, was talking to her briefly about it one day and she is hoping to get one happening...one day.

    ReplyDelete